Sarah E. Haller, DPM, AACFAS
Dr. Haller is a fellowship trained foot and ankle surgeon at Essex Union Podiatry with a professional focus on musculoskeletal deformities, sports medicine, and post-traumatic reconstruction and revision surgery of the foot and ankle. She has expertise with conditions managed optimally with conservative care and the ability to advance to surgical intervention, when it is the appropriate course. She is board qualified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery for forefoot and hindfoot surgery, and is Founder of the New Jersey Foot and Ankle Foundation.
Dr. Haller completed her foot and ankle surgical fellowship at the Weil Foot & Ankle Institute in Chicago, Illinois. She finished her residency in foot and ankle surgery at Hoboken University Medical Center, where she served as Chief Foot and Ankle Surgical Resident in Hoboken, New Jersey. She received her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine and her undergraduate degree in biology from Columbia College.
She has presented a multitude of posters at international orthopedic seminars and has authored a chapter on bilateral bunion reconstruction. She has also authored/co-authored publications including:
- Molecular Diagnostic Testing in Diabetic Foot Ulcerations: Could this Technique Alter Topical Wound Treatment? (Winner of a 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting Abstract Competition for Outstanding Oral Abstract Presentation)
- Point-Counterpoint: Is First Ray Hypermobility a Myth or Reality With Hallux Valgus?
- The Scarf and Rotational Scarf Osteotomy Bunion Surgery: An Evidence-Based Approach: Paul Dayton
Dr. Haller also has several advanced certifications, including:
- Arthroscopy Associate of North America (AANA)
- Advanced Internal Fixation/Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Ankle (AAFAO)
- Comprehensive Internal Fixation/Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Ankle (AAFAO)
When she isn’t busy extensively scouring the library or exploring the New York food scene, Dr. Haller enjoys yoga and participating in outdoor activities with her faithful Labrador.